Board of Directors
Calendar of Events
SC Cello Choir
SC Violin Choir
By-Laws and Constitution
Minutes of Board Mtgs.
ASTA Web Page
National HS Orchestra
2010 National HS Honors Orchestra
Deadline for application has been extended to June 15, 2009.
Encourage your strong players audition for the American String Teachers Association
2010 National High School Honors Orchestra, which will perform at the ASTA conference
February 16-20, 2010, in Santa Clara, California.
Chosen applicants will be invited to attend all rehearsals and performances at the 2010 ASTA National Conference.
Only students in the eleventh and twelfth grades during the 2009/2010 school year for stringed instruments may apply. Percussion and wind students must be in ninth through twelfth grade during the 2009/2010 school year to apply.
Click here to download an application form (PDF). For audition repertoire requirements for each instrument please visit the national ASTA website.
Timeline of revised deadlines:
May 15, 2009 June 15, 2009 - Students must have applications turned into the state chairman by this date.
June 5, 2009 July 5, 2009 - Tapes and a ranked list of students nominated by the state must be POSTMARKED to the National Office by this date.
- September 1, 2009 - Approximate date National Office will notify students invited to participate in the NHSHO
- December 5, 2009 - Participating students must have their $795 fee into the National Office
Please send the following to the address below:
- Completed application form
- A check for $25 written to "SCASTA" -- this non-refundable amount helps support our state chapter in running the auditions
- A check for $75 written to "ASTA" -- this check will be held until after the auditions. If the student is forwarded to the national auditions this check will be sent with the application; if the student does not continue in the competition the check will be returned.
384 White Gables Dr.
Columbia, SC 29229